Cinnamon Sticks 100% Premium Quality 250 GM
- Primarily used in gravies and rice-based dishes, can also be used to season poultry, meat along with other spices as well as in desserts and cocktails
- Cinnamon is actually made from a type of tree, and the unique smell, colour and flavour of cinnamon is a result of the oily part of the tree that it grows from
- This bark contains several special compounds which are responsible for its many health promoting properties, including cinnamaldehyde, cinnamic acid and cinnamate
- Cinnamon also supplies a wide variety of important nutrients and is especially rich in fibre and manganese along with several other vitamins and minerals
- Cinnamon contains no added sugar and minimal calories yet is high in many nutrients, making it an extremely healthy addition to many meals. The flavour of cinnamon is due to an aromatic essential oil that makes up 0.5 to 1% of its composition. This essential oil is prepared by roughly pounding the bark, softening it in sea water, and then quickly distilling the whole.